Welcome to Virginia Center for Women. We consider it an honor that you have chosen us for your complete obstetric care encompassing prenatal, delivery, and post-partum care. We want you to know that we are here for you during this exciting time of your life. We offer complete prenatal services for our expecting patients. Both parents are encouraged to fully participate in this wonderful experience. All deliveries take place at the BirthPlace at Chesapeake Regional Medical Center.
We encourage you to see all of our providers, although you may choose one provider for the majority of your visits. We practice obstetrics together for your benefit.
You will have your first obstetrical visit (New OB) around 12 weeks of gestation. A Nurse Practitioner will spend time with you at this first visit. She will review your health history as well as basic procedures you can expect throughout your pregnancy. Please call our office to schedule your New OB visit appointment during the time that you think you will be approximately 12 weeks pregnant.
In addition to management of the normal prenatal course, we also specialize in the following obstetrical services:
- Ultrasounds for dating, growth, anomalies, and fetal well-being
- Non-stress tests to measure fetal well-being
- Screening tests for chromosomal anomalies and spina bifida
- Rhogam for the Rh negative woman in order to protect her fertility
- Versions to turn breech babies
- Cerclage for the weakened or incompetent cervix
- Management of high risk pregnancies including: pregnancies complicated by hypertension, diabetes, thyroid disease, and multiples (twins, triplets…)