Are we on your insurance plan?
We participate with many different insurance plans including Tricare Standard, and will file for reimbursement. We do not accept Tricare Prime.
- It is your responsibility to know the details of your health insurance plan with regard to referrals, co-payments and percentage of coverage.
- We require your co-payment at the time of your visit. In addition to cash and checks, we also accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and CareCredit. If you have questions about your bill, please call 757-547-2322.
Billing for Laboratory procedures: All laboratory procedures are billed separately from your office visit.
- You could receive a laboratory bill from any of the following:
DECODING YOUR INSURANCE COVERAGE:
- Deductibles are paid out of pocket each year before insurance kicks in. Each family member usually has a separate deductible.
- Co-Payments are flat fees charged each time you visit the doctor or use any medical service, regardless of the cost of the procedure.
- Coinsurance requires you to pay a percentage of the total cost of the care. Many plans require either co-insurance or co-pay but some charge both.
- Maximum out of pocket expense is the most you’ll have to spend before all of your medical bills are covered.